My brother came home for a week from University to visit us, and of course we had to spoil him with food. He’s extremely skinny and dresses that way so my mom and dad wanted to fatten him up before he got back to University.
His favorite food is lobster. But since it’s so expensive, we opted for shrimp. There’s this Asian grocery store that is really close to where I go to school, and sometimes we buy groceries from there.
They have these delicious, jumbo prawns that are deliciously and almost overly salty, since they get them from the ocean. It’s the sort of shrimp you have to clean completely. They’re basically frozen right when they come out of the ocean.
Simple. And delicious. How can you beat this?
Salt and Pepper Prawns
- 1 lb prawns, head and shell on
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt (if shrimp is not salty)
- freshly cracked pepper
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil until smoking. Then, in a single layer, fry shrimp on one side.
- After the first side is pink, flip shrimp over onto the second side, then cover for for 5 min.
- Add salt and pepper. Serve immediately.